PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM IN WOODLAND, CA
Children start to learn the second they are born, rapidly developing cognitive and social skills. It is essential to nurture their education at an early age, and in a loving environment. We recognize the value of early education and accept students as young as two years old. Children’s brains develop rapidly until they are 5 years old, and this should be a time where children are exposed to an enriched environment.
EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
Preschoolers are eager to learn, and they learn by doing. That is why our preschool program stresses the importance of hands-on learning techniques that help build self-confidence and encourage children to explore the world around them in new ways. Our teachers provide plenty of individual attention to students with different needs, and parents are welcomed to be involved in every aspect of our program. In addition, our teachers create activities that combine fun and education to promote a love of learning in your child early on.
With a focus on social development, steam skills and creativity, our curriculum provides children with the springboard they need for a successful transition into kindergarten. Our goal is to have every child under 5 in our program ready for kindergarten.
- Daily activities that involve reading and writing exercises that support literacy.
- Creative activities, such as finger-painting and collage-work, that engage your child's tactile physical development and small motor skill development.
- Group time is an important part of each day and "plays" a key role in developing social skills like speaking, listening, following directions, and cooperation.
- Math and Science skills are introduced in thematic units that encourage curiosity and provide practical applications in learning.
- Zoo-Phonics is a curriculum based program that we use to teach the children the sounds each letter makes. Zoo-Phonics is a multi sensory language arts program. It helps children to learn to sound out words, and start linking letters into reading words.
- We introduce children to being a bi-lingual citizen of the world. We have students that go to Spanish Immersion schools in Yolo County and we give them the basics of the Spanish language so they will be ready to dive right in on their first day of kindergarten.
- Our pre-school program runs Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm, some friends continue on and stay for the whole day and some friends leave after lunch at noon, to meet each families needs.
- We teach children to the California State Pre-School Standards.
For a full tour of our brand-new facilities and an opportunity to meet our dedicated teachers, pay us a visit anytime during school hours, or give us a call if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:|
I love Alphabet Soup! My two youngest have gone there for three years. It's better than any home or licensed daycare facility i have ever came across! The teachers LOVE the kids!
Loving, professional care.
Both my children have been going to Alphabet soup since they where 3 months old. My daughter is now 5 and my son is 3. There has never been a time i have not felt comfortable with my children in their care. They are all so loving and create such a great environment for my kids. I love how they teach the children to respect one another and that they are one big happy family.
I think most parents can agree to how nerve racking the process of finding childcare for your precious tiny little human is. Our experience was no different, until we walked into Alphabet Soup Childcare. Kari immediately put us at ease with her warm and friendly personality. You could tell that each little person under her care mattered greatly to her. Our youngest has been at ASC since she was 18 months old, she is now 5 and has learned so much through ASC. Another aspect of ASC that I greatly appreciate is their drop off and pick up service for school aged children. My husband travels a lot for work and often times, I find myself unable to pick up my eldest daughter from elementary and it has taken a huge load off my shoulders to know that I can call Kari and she can be there for us. I am a full time grad student and also work full time and if it were not for ASC, I would not have been able to continue my education. My family will forever be grateful to ASC and all the staff who have dedicated so much time, love and energy to our children.
I am that mom. I spent FOREVER researching childcare/ preschools. I've moved around a lot and have a lot of experience choosing childcare. I still I interviewed all the schools on my list twice. Even after choosing Alphabet Soup, I worried. Now, over a year later, I have a child in both the infant room and the preschool room and both are thriving. My 4 year old is happy and learning to read, write, and do things I never knew 4 year olds could do. My infant is well cared for and the teachers are supportive, flexible, and communicative. My baby is absolutely bonded with her caretaker. I couldn't be happier with the teaching staff. I am so grateful to have found Alphabet Soup Childcare.
- Bachelors Degree In Child Development
- Pediatric CPR And First Aid Certified